The AP program currently has about 38 courses in 7 core subject groups. These courses provide the same amount of knowledge that can be found in a corresponding university-level course.
These courses’ content and AP exams are rigorously developed by the College Board’s education experts, giving high school students the opportunity to gain exposure with American higher education. By attending these classes, students can consolidate and improve their high school knowledge, and at the same time can earn American college credits. Which course to study depends on the future orientation of students.
The most popular AP courses are:
- AP Capstone Diploma Program: AP Seminar, AP Research
- Math and Computer Science: AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Computer Science A, AP Computer Science Principles, AP Statistics
- English: AP English Language and Composition, AP English Literature and Composition
- History and Social Sciences: AP European History, AP Macroeconomics, AP Microeconomics, AP United States History, AP World History: Modern
- Sciences: AP Biology, AP Chemistry, AP Physics
In addition to building AP courses that meet college-level standards, the College Board has built a huge database of assessment questions and knowledge systems to support student learning. In addition, AP also has a separate program to support major orientation, university search, and to provide guidance on preparing college applications for students.
Currently, 70% of public high schools in the US offer at least one AP course out of 38. In 2020, 2.6 million students took AP courses and 4.6 million tests were administered worldwide. On average, each student took 2 AP exams. With the College Board’s support in developing American higher education, Congress has invested billions of dollars to expand the AP program around the world.
Please fill out this form to subscribe to more info about AP Courses and Exams: https://bit.ly/APinfosub
If you wonder which AP courses to attend to satisfy the requirement of your intended major, kindly contact us for consultancy:
Hotline: 0905 279 098 (Study Abroad and College Board)
Email: [email protected]